Telford & Wrekin Council provides an education safeguarding service for schools in Telford and Wrekin, other educational providers, academies and schools in other local authority areas. This service includes both group and bespoke training and consultancy.
Training is provided in line with the requirements of ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ and the ‘Early Years Foundation Stage’. All our training includes information on local perspective and pathways.
The service is led by a small team of staff with many years of experience in education settings and expertise in safeguarding.
What we offer?
Education Safeguarding provide specialist training, advice, guidance and consultancy to all schools, colleges and early years settings. It also resources for schools, colleges and early years settings.
Our services include:
- Professional advice and support to schools, including whole school safeguarding reviews
- A service level agreement for Telford & Wrekin schools and academies
- Training and continued professional development
- Traded support
Why choose us?
- We are committed to school improvement and see safeguarding as intrinsic to this.
- We have participated in a number of Serious Case reviews and have supported a number of sub groups from the Telford & Wrekin Safeguarding Partnership Board.
- Our experiences mean we bring a knowledge and understanding of local processes and work with pupils who are vulnerable and at risk of disengagement and exploitation.
- We are passionate about keeping children safe in education.
- We have experience of, and an up-to-date knowledge of, inspection frameworks and how to promote a strong safeguarding culture in education settings.
- The team have experience of being a local experienced head teacher, managing early help services, therapeutic play services and as education advisers.
- We are all experienced trainers, having delivered a range of safeguarding courses.
Service level Agreement (SLA)
The SLA 'top-slice' provides a service for Telford & Wrekin schools and academies. As part of the SLA, Telford & Wrekin schools receive one free place every three years on the two-day DSL training, one free place per term for the DSL and safeguarding governor termly update, one free place per half term raising awareness training, half termly safeguarding e-bulletin and an annual 'whole-school' bespoke training session.
We also provide the following as part of the SLA;
- annual update of the example child protection and safeguarding policy template and access to support workbooks, including record keeping, section 11 audit, support for DSL's and governors.
All other settings, including alternative provision, pupil referral units, independent schools, post 16 provision, Arthog and the further education colleges, can receive the services identified at a flat rate of £650 per year, an additional 20% apply to non Telford & Wrekin schools.
Meet The Team
Please click here if you wish to meet the team.
Education Safeguarding Team