The Road Safety & Sustainable Transport Team are professionals who deliver comprehensive road safety education services to both Primary and Secondary Schools. Our aim is reduce the number of children and young people killed or seriously injured on our roads whilst also encouraging future generations to lead active and healthy lifestyles.
What we offer
Primary School services include:
- Travel Telford School Network - an annual membership which includes wrap around road safety support.
- Stepping Out- pedestrian awareness scheme aimed at Years 3 & 4. The scheme of work has been developed to help children develop basic, yet vital, pedestrian skills.
- Scooter Training- children are taught basic scooter handling and control skills through a variety of games and exercises. Open to all years.
- Cycle Skills-kick start a healthy and active lifestyle through the Cycle Skills training course. This course will teach pupils basic bike handling and control skills. Open to all years.
Other services include:
- Road safety workshops
- Walking bus support and guidance
- Go ride - cycling in PE
- Learn to ride courses
- Dr Bike
- School travel plans
- Modeshift STARS
- School crossing patrol service
Secondary school and college services include workshops and presentations on the following subjects:
- Pedestrian safety
- Cycling safety
- Pedestrian behaviours and attitudes
- Being a responsible passenger
- Travelling sustainably
- Young drivers
- Bike Roadshow – a great way to fill a collapsed timetable day
We also offer Bikeability training to all schools - training is aimed at years 5 and above. Our Road Safety Officers have a wealth of experience and our informative and interactive programmes have been both popular and effective in alerting young road users to the dangers they often, unknowingly face, on a daily basis.
Why choose us?
We offer extensive experience and knowledge provided at affordable and competitive prices. Some of our previous recommendations include:
- Highway Magazine Excellence Awards - Road Safety Scheme of the Year 2012 Winner - A41 Chetwynd Cross Roads
- Telford & Wrekin Corporate Health and Safety Award 2012 - Road Safety Team
- IHT Road Safety Award 2007 - Reducing All Accidents Award Winner - A442 Scheme.
Costs start from as little as £50. Quotations provided on request. Please note that many of these programmes can be tailored to meet your exact requirements so please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any queries or requests.
Transport, Strategy and Road Safety