biT are an integrated building maintenance, facilities management, design and project management consultancy that specialise in full project delivery, from initial project conception through the entire property lifecycle, including in use maintenance and operation. Our innovative, highly skilled professional team consists of Project Managers, Architects, Principal Designers, M&E Engineers, Building Surveyors, Cost Consultants and Facility Management Officers and delivery staff.
Working alongside our Asset Team, Maintenance Service Delivery Team and the 24 hour biT helpdesk, we are able to plan and deliver every aspect of our clients requirements. Our aim is to take away the day to day responsibility from our clients, for buildings and their maintenance, to enable them to concentrate on their main function whilst ensuring that their buildings are repaired, modified, maintained and operated correctly within all relevant legislation and the needs of the users.
What we offer:
We offer a range of building related services to schools, to support clients and users in delivering building projects and carrying out maintenance activities.
Buildings and the services within them are becoming much more complex. Our team of property professionals has extensive knowledge and experience of this. We keep up to date with these developments and also with the continually changing legislation that surrounds buildings, which not only applies during their design stages, but also during their use. This enables us to deal with all property issues and give correct advice to our clients, design and deliver extensions, new builds and planned maintenance programmes correctly and undertake the majority of projects in house.
Building Maintenance and Facilities Management Service Delivery
To help and support our clients we offer two service plans (Essential and Premium) which encompass the majority of the services that our clients need in order to operate and maintain their buildings. In the past our clients have found inclusive plans to be a more cost effective way of buying in professional services. They also help to ensure that the buildings are maintained and are operated correctly and that all alterations or changes are carried out to a good standard. Depending on the level chosen the following benefits can also be realised:
- One point of contact for all your building and site needs.
- Clients will be included in contracts that include other properties. This will offer cost savings achieved from economies of scale.
- The use of the in house facilities management team to undertake small maintenance works, which helps to keep costs down and reduce unnecessary external contractor costs.
- Planned maintenance activities are carried out when they are programmed in to be undertaken. This ensures statutory compliance, the reliability and appearance of the school, its equipment, services installations and its grounds.
- All works including maintenance activities are specified in accordance with up-to-date legislation. The liability for the design stops with the biT team.
- We obtain all necessary planning and building regulation approvals on our client’s behalf.
- We take over the day-to-day worries of dealing with repairs, contractors, and market testing, ensuring best value, compliance with legislation, standing orders and financial regulations on our client’s behalf.
- We operate a help desk and emergency out-of-hour’s service that will be accessible 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- All of the contractors that we appoint to work at our client’s properties will be pre-qualified to ensure they are competent to carry out the works, which we are requesting them to do.
- All contractors employed have appropriate DBS checks undertaken where this is necessary.
- We have in place contractual arrangements to ensure that contractors attend to response maintenance works within agreed response times;
- We include key performance indicators in our contracts and framework agreements, which assist in delivering the service within the specified terms and drive down unnecessary costs.
- We give our clients access to a computer system, which we are continually developing. This system holds real time data. This enables our clients to monitor all jobs from the moment they are raised to their completion. Also, clients will be able to view information relating to their property including building maintenance financial information and all certification received following the inspection and the servicing of equipment.
- Our clients receive regular newsletters keeping them updated on what is happening regarding building related issues, contracts and contractors performance.
- We provide a yearly reminder on what services are available to our clients to encourage maximum usage of the plans entered into.
In addition to service plans, we also offer pay as you go services for schools considering one off services or projects.
Why choose us?
We have been delivering building related services since1998, offering a wide range of services using our own internal multi-disciplined team, consisting of architects, building surveyors, cost consultants, project managers, electrical engineers, mechanical engineers and a full facilities management team.
This team has considerable knowledge and experience of commercial buildings, community buildings, libraries, leisure centres and schools. We will work closely with you to ensure your requirements are translated into an affordable building which meets your needs.