Following legislative changes in September 2013, schools and headteachers have a statutory responsibility to make prior agreement with an Appropriate Body to quality assure the induction process for their newly qualified teachers.
We can provide an Appropriate Body Package to support you in doing this.
What we offer
As the Appropriate Body, the Local Authority will support all schools by completing the following statutory requirements:
Appropriate Body Package
- Registration of NQTs on the National Database
- On-line access to the latest LA induction guidance and support materials
- Processing, updating and checking assessment forms for certification
- Transferring documentation
- Recommending extensions when necessary
- Quality Assurance of the induction process
- NQT Induction: Welcome to Telford & Wrekin – an event for new NQT starters, held at the beginning of the Autumn Term and repeated at the beginning of the Spring Term for January starters
- Annual Celebration Event for NQT completion – held annually each November, an opportunity to celebrate the achievement with those successfully completing the NQT standards
As part of this package, we will also provide email and telephone advice/guidance, support for induction issues, action planning, communicating events and information, and liaison with third parties when required.
Where serious concerns arise over the NQTs progress, a support visit to the school may take place if needed.
Why choose us?
- A highly experienced and effective team which has a good track record of established best practice.
- Proven success in supporting schools and NQTs in the successful completion of the induction year.
- Well established and mutually trusted links with teaching unions.
- A personal and effective service, able to provide rapid support and intervention - the care and pride we take in providing the Appropriate Body Service has led to all partners having trust and confidence in the high quality support and administration we provide.
- Accountability at a local and national level - as the Local Authority we are held to account through our rigorous monitoring and evaluation of the services we offer - by you, our schools, by the Council, the DfE and by Ofsted, thus ensuring that the service you receive is of the highest quality.
- A proven track record of operating as a traded service since September 2011, we are already working flexibly to provide a range of high quality bespoke school improvement consultancy services and CPD courses to meet the needs of our schools.
Meet The Team
If you wish to meet the team, please click here