The Learning Support Advisory Team consists of teachers who specialise in working with children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. Across the team, we have a variety of experience working in a range of different educational settings. We work closely with children and young people in school, aged 4 to 18, as well as supporting teaching assistants and school support workers, teachers, Special Educational Needs Coordinators and senior leadership staff.
What we offer
Our vision is to work collaboratively to create sustainable and confident schools, with children and parents being at the heart of provision. As well as being a first point of contact for schools to identify and assess children with Special Educational Needs, we offer advice and support to enable all children and young people to achieve their full potential.
If required, we provide advice and support for SENCOs in identifying those children who should be on the Special Educational Needs register.
We also offer a wide variety of courses, CPD and conferences along with in-school group intervention guidance. This enables settings to build their capacity and use the strengths within their staff team.
Why choose us?
- In depth local knowledge. We know our schools well and the strengths of the people in them. We have a long standing commitment to improving the outcomes for all children and young people within Telford and Wrekin and neighbouring authorities. Building on our years of strong partnership working, we are able to establish, lead, support and manage effective local networks;
- A highly experienced and valued team. Our cohesive team has been recruited for their proven abilities and professional expertise. We are consistently rated by our schools and external agencies as good or outstanding for our support and guidance, resulting in improved pupil outcomes and provision;
- Accountability at a local level. Working as employees of the Local Authority, we are held to account through rigorous monitoring and evaluation of the services we offer - by you, our schools, by the Council and the DFE. This ensures the service you receive is of the highest quality;
- In comparison with other providers, we believe that our support provides excellent value for money;
- A proven track record. Successfully operating as a traded service since September 2001, we are already working flexibly to provide a range of high quality bespoke schools improvement consultancy services and CPD courses to meet the needs of our schools.
Meet The Team
Please click here, if you wish to meet our team.