What we offer
We offer professional support for schools to help implement fit for purpose information governance arrangements/ policies within the school ensuring the necessary safeguards are in place for, and appropriate use of, school, pupil and personal information. These areas include:
Freedom of Information (FOI)
- Process any FOI request the school may receive;
- Support the school in writing an FOI policy;
- Provide training/awareness on all aspects of FOI;
- Assist the school in creating a fit for purpose model publication scheme.
Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA)
- Provide the same services as detailed above for FOI but relevant to DPA
- Review the schools ICO data protection registration and benchmark against other schools
- Undertake a data audit which reviews the schools processes against DPA requirements
- Review CCTV arrangements
- Provide Data Protection Officer (DPO) services
- Assist the school in writing an Information Security Policy;
- Review the use of ICT including cloud services, use of removable media and disposal.
- Assist the school in writing a Records Management Policy;
- Review the schools information asset register and/or support them in creating one;
- Review information sharing arrangements.
Why choose us?
- Value for money by providing professional expertise in a service that is not easily obtained in the private sector.
- Support to help schools implement the correct framework of information governance which will help protect them from potential fines of up to £17,500,000.
- Dedicated officers who are fully qualified and have an in-depth knowledge in providing this service to schools.
This legislation replaces the Data Protection Act 1998 and governs how organisations manage personal data of living identifiable individuals. This statement details how Telford & Wrekin Council will comply.