What we offer
We provide a comprehensive and professional HR Advisory Service that will provide you with pragmatic and commercially focused advice in relation to all aspects of people management for your school or Academy.
Our approach is a personalised one which is achieved through the provision of an experienced, qualified and dedicated HR Advisor for your school/Academy. This enables us to quickly develop strong working relationships with your senior team and to identify how best we can support you, taking into account your priorities.
We take great pride in providing a high quality, supportive service and having very strong working relationships with our customers. We are dedicated and committed to going the extra mile and know this is valued; not only through the positive feedback we receive but also because of our extremely high customer retention rate and the growth of our customer base being directly linked to our strong reputation.
We provide the following services as part of our full standard package, however we are able to tailor our services to your specific requirements should you wish.
- Professional unlimited advice, delivered over the phone, via email or face to face, covering the full range of employment matters, including;
- absence management, capability, discipline, grievance, management of change processes (restructures, TUPE transfers, changes to terms and conditions);
- support with employment matters arising out of Academisation such as TUPE;
- Safer Recruitment advice and guidance
- An HR health check for new customers to audit the legal compliance of your HR policies and other employment documentation including contracts of employment and terms and conditions.
- HR attendance at all formal meetings, including Senior HR attendance for all Appeals and more complex matters.
- Access via our dedicated SharePoint site to a suite of Trade Union negotiated and agreed HR Model Policies, Guidance Notes and template documents that are regularly reviewed and updated in line with legislation.
- Regular communication with you on national policy changes and forthcoming legislation relevant to your school, including a termly newsletter.
- Advice regarding exit strategies and negotiating terms on your behalf.
Pay as you Go HR Advisory Services
The nature of employment work means that we can also offer some specific services on a pay-as-you-go basis. These include, but are not limited to:
- Training and development – Access to HR Skills Training Sessions or provision of this training on an individual school/academy basis, topic areas would cover safer recruitment, disciplinary, capability and absence. These are offered on a discounted rate if you purchase other HR services on a contract basis.
- The provision of experienced Investigators to conduct employment-related investigations on behalf of the School.
- HR Consultancy Services – for example expert advice on changes to terms and conditions of employment, incorporating changes to pay structures (outside of national Terms and Conditions).
- Updating of or rewriting School/Academy specific HR policies outside of the model policies provided and supporting with the consultation and implementation process.
- Production of equalities data and drafting reports on issues such as Gender Pay Gap.
- Mediation Services – access to a trained mediator for those occasions where working relationships have broken down.
We also offer other services that complement our HR Advisory Service offer and in the majority of cases these are purchased as a fully comprehensive HR package.
There are significant benefits to taking the full HR service package:
- We are able to provide an integrated service from appointment stage to payroll, through to HR Advice. Full employee information is then shared across the Service to support you with the management of employment matters throughout the employee life cycle.
- This provides a “one stop shop” in terms of supporting you with all aspects of managing employees and creates efficiencies in processes to ensure a comprehensive and consistent approach.
- The HR Advisory Team can work closely with Occupational Health to ensure that the advice you are given is pragmatic and moves the issue forward.
- The Employment Services Team has access to specialist HR advice for more complex contractual/pay matters.
Rebecca Hulsmeier, HR Consultant