Well organised educational visits provide memorable experiences, develop relationships and have a positive impact on young people’s learning and development. This page gives you access to a number of key documents, CPD opportunities and supporting materials to assist and guide those who manage, approve, lead and help with educational visits and journeys.
What we offer
We provide a health and safety assessment and approval service and a telephone helpline, message and email service for enquiries relating to work related learning for education and training providers whose learners undertake a work experience placement.
Our service includes:
- A specific SLA which applies to situations where adults acting in the course of their employment have responsibility for;
- On-site outdoor activities
- Off-site activities and visits
- The associated journey and travel arrangements
- Residential visits
- Visits that involve travelling outside England, Scotland and Wales
- Outdoor adventurous activities and field studies in higher risk environments
- Guidance and approval process for high risk educational visits and journeys abroad
- Educational Visits Coordinator training and termly network meetings
- Party Leader/Visit leader Training
- Courses as requested e.g. Outdoor First Aid and Water Margin Safety Management, outdoor leadership including Lowland Leader Award and Mountain Leader Award, the John Muir Award and the OEAP Outdoor Learning Cards.
Why choose us?
- Essential guidance for all those who have responsibility for the approval, planning and/or execution of any educational visit including mandatory Employers Guidance for those operating under Telford and Wrekin Local Authority
- Support and training for Educational Visit Coordinators, Visits Leaders and anyone interested in education off site, out of doors, overseas or in a residential setting.