Schools can find themselves at the eye of a media storm - if you're in this situation who are you going to turn to, leaving you to get on and run your school?
What we offer
Our experience in Telford and Wrekin shows that schools are thrust into an often unwelcome spotlight with local, regional and national press or social media at any time. That’s why we’ve developed a special crisis communications package for schools.
This will give you reassurance of round the clock advice on issues that can have a significant reputational impact for you. For an annual fee, we will provide up to 5 hours dedicated crisis support, covering:
- direct media relations with traditional press;
- responding to issues/criticism on social media channels;
- advice and assistance on written communications with parents relating to the issue in question;
- where appropriate, a member of the council’s press team may attend the school to help deal with a given issue but this will depend on the nature of the incident.
We also offer a range of professional services that can be tailored to meet your needs and improve the effectiveness of communication and engagement with your school's community. These services are charged separately and include:
- Planning and delivering communications campaigns including web, print, social media and evaluation;
- Advice and audits of your social media and digital offer;
- Graphic design for print and web services, including video animation;
- An advertising agency service including media buying.
Why choose us?
- Many years experience and an in-depth knowledge, including helping many schools through a media crisis;
- A team of professional officers who have a range of qualifications including Chartered Institute of Marketing, Institute of Direct Marketing and Chartered Institute of Public Relations;
- A wide range of contacts and effective partnership working with many local media organisations, businesses and community groups and having the ability and channels to promote messages borough wide.